Thursday, September 20, 2012

Blog Schedule, Columns, And New Stuff!

Fall 2012 Blog Posting Schedule At Cold's Gold Factory

Now that the new WoW expansion, Mists of Pandaria, is right around the corner I've decided to create and stick to a much more structured posting schedule here at Cold's Gold Factory.  I admit, I was slacking for a while there during the end of the expansion slump, but I've been pumping out high quality articles more often now.  I want to continue with a more rigid posting schedule and get better at supporting both of the podcasts that I am lucky to be a part of, as well as try some new things here on the blog.  The Gold Blogging Carnivals will continue to take place on the 11th of each month as already established.
Here's a look at the new blog posting schedule for Cold's Gold Factory:


Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays - WoW Gold Making Articles will be posted a minimum of 3 times per week, with extra posts possible on Sundays (if I have something that can't wait) and possibly on non-AHJ Thursdays.

Tuesdays - The Eviscerated Gaming Podcast records weekly and will have the show notes, links, and discussion hosted here on Tuesdays.  This will help drive new listeners to the podcast, as well as provide links to topics we discuss on the show.  The EGP has been evolving quite nicely and with Mists just around the corner, we will be digging even deeper into WoW content on the show.  Episode #18 "Blue Oyster Bar" is currently up and available on iTunes and Stitcher.

Thursdays - The Auction House Junkies Podcast should hopefully be recording more regularly with the launch of Mists of Pandaria.  Thursdays will be dedicated to hosting the show notes and discussion links for the current episodes of our WoW Gold Making Podcast.  If there is not a new show for the week, then Thursdays will be available for an extra WoW gold making post, Gold Blogging Carnival Topic Announcements, or will be an overflow day for anything displaced by the monthly Blogging Carnival Post (should the 11th fall on a day where something else is normally scheduled).

Saturdays - Saturdays will be for a new column that I will be testing out called "Gifts for Gamers".  Saturdays tend to be the slowest traffic day here on the blog, so I'm going to experiment with a new column designed to increase monetization options for my blog.  Amazon affiliates sales have quickly moved into a nice monetization source after the 3 posts I did on WoW Trading Card Game Loot Codes.

The goblin in me sees the full potential of dedicating a weekly column to "Gifts for Gamers", especially with the holiday season approaching.  I won't be reviewing garbage items just as a way to get sales.  I will only be reviewing, recommending, and discussing items that I either own myself, want to purchase myself, or I think are just too damn cool not to share with my readers.  I spend a lot of time hunting for cool gaming related stuff online, so this weekly column will be a nice avenue to share that information with you guys as well as allow me to build a little more traffic and page rank to my Squidoo posts on similar topics. 

In addition, this column will help me turn those content stealing, automatic article copying bots and scammers from rip-off artists into fools that will be working for me instead of against me.

Any purchases through my Amazon or Jinx links are always highly appreciated.  I prefer to recommend stuff that I enjoy or find pretty cool myself.  If you have found a kick ass gaming item, game, or gaming peripheral or accessory you can send it in as a recommendation and I will mention you in the post.

If you aren't interested in finding out about cool gaming stuff, then just come back after the weekend is over for more WoW gold making goodness.

Sundays - Sundays will be an off day, overflow day, or Carnival day (if on the 11th).

************

Check out some of my Squidoo lenses:  Alliance Vs Horde - Come Vote! | Diablo 3 Gifts For Gamers | Getting Started Podcasting 101 | Play Money by Julian Dibble | Auction House Junkies | Fluxx - My Fav Card Game

Recommended Guides: Secret Gold Guide | Journal of Marcus Ty | WoW Secrets

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to checking out your "Gifts for Gamers" column. Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.