Thursday, June 28, 2012

When Bad News Turns Good

Support Breast Cancer Care
Breast Cancer Care




Bad News Turned Positive

Earlier this week, a fellow WoW gold blogger revealed her recent breast cancer diagnosis.  Just happens that this same WoW gold blogger is also a close friend of mine.  Yup, me and Nev are pretty close friends.  She even has characters on my US WoW server, where I teach her how to slay Alliance and fight for the right WoW faction, when I'm not lost deep in Diablo 3.

I think it is amazing that she decided to turn her cancer news into a way to raise money for cancer research and cancer care.  If you haven't already, be sure to head over to Auction House Addict and read about Nev's story and her cancer care fund raising campaign.  Since she has chemotherapy looming in the near future, Nev has decided to cut off her long locks of hair and donate them to a charity that makes wigs for children with cancer.  How wonderful!  Major props on turning bad news into a good idea, Nev.

Supporting A Friend

I have supported my friend with a cash donation to her project of giving, which is currently only at 24% of her goal.  Nev has already raised 248 Pounds (She's a Brit btw) of the 1000 Pounds goal.  That's $348 already raised for the Cancer Care program.  Let's all dig deep and see if we can help raise that number even closer to her goal.

Being that Nev is a close friend of mine, I wanted to do something a little more than just donate my cash.  I've added a link to Nev's story & giving campaign here in the top right corner of Cold's Gold Factory.  I've even changes my Twitter avatar to a breast cancer ribbon.  Still, I wanted to do something more special.

Nev has chemotherapy treatment looming and for this reason she has cut off her hair for charity.  No one wants to lose their hair and it's even harder for women, since they tend to have much more hair than men.  I can't imagine anyone looking forward to losing their hair and then wearing wigs,scarfs, or silly hats.  I won't let me good friend look silly all on her own, so I've decided to join her.

My Pledge

I now pledge to keep my hair buzzed off until your chemotherapy treatments are over Nev.  We can both be silly together.  The hard part isn't buzzing off my head of hair.  Ya see, when someone has chemo, they not only lose the hair on their head, but they lose all body hairs.  Well, that means my goatee needs to go too, so now I'm going to look really silly and I hate shaving, but that's a sacrifice I'm gonna make to help support my good friend.  I haven't shaved off my facial hair in well over 5 years.  Boy, do I feel silly looking, lol.

So please head over to Nev's site and read her story and donate what you can to join her in supporting cancer care.  You can read her story here: Introducing Helen: A Story & A Plea.

And if you are crazy like me, maybe you can shave your head too.  If not, try to give a little to help her reach her goal and help fight the good fight against breast cancer.

Regular Cold ------Cell Mate Cold ------ Skinhead Cold


Enjoy The Posts Here at Cold's Gold Factory? Check Out Cold's Mysterious Fortune Card Mastery Gold Making Guide. Also Check Out My Favorite All Around WoW Gold Making Guide and J!inx - Clothing For Gamers And Geeks.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! That is such a wonderful thing to do, I just don't know what to say! Thank you so much will have to do for now, til I think of something better xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartwarming story Cold. I am amazed and inspired by your conviction and dedication to help your friend. God Bless you Cold.

    I keep my head shaved here in Afghanistan but I will do it for a different reason from now on and I will donate to the cause as well.

    Take care Cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cold, I`m reading your blog for a while now and I am very impressed by your support for your friend.

    My mother had breast cancer and is now free of it for 7 years, after having chemo and surgery and all that.
    So I know that it is a very hard time and to know that one has such good friends gives back some strenght and helps with enduring all the side effects.

    I can`t shave my head because I would loose my job by performing such an action, but I can and will pray for your friend.

    Greetings from Germany, Patsy

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome. If reading in a feed, please visit the main site for comments.